Monday, 11 July 2011

Z axis


Got a bit of time at the weekend, so managed to finish of the Z axis on the new metal machine.

I've changed the stepper connections to tubing, X and Z are using some tough plastic fuel line from the RC cars I had, and the Y axis is using some softer stuff (also fuel line, but probably not aged into being hard).

I've got to add the mount for the Dremel (I had anticipated the weight, so I've beefed up the strength of the gantry), put the H-bridges on a PCB so I can control the steppers from my arduino, then write the control software. That should keep me busy for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment